In this episode, we will learn how to set up an application environment (single-node stack) in a cloud using docker-machine and deploy rails API application with docker & docker-compose.
Rails API application that we are going to deploy is the one I wrote in Episode #4
Following are the steps to walk through,
- Prepare the Rails API application for deployment
- Create a repository on canister.io for the API application images
- Create a docker-compose for the new deployment environment
- Provision a new app server machine (droplet) on digital-ocean using docker-machine
- Deploy with docker-compose and test